Aerating Bermuda lawns in Atlanta, GA.?
- Core aerate Bermuda lawns when they are actively growing
- Green is the key to core aerating Bermuda grass. Wait till it greens up
When are Bermuda lawns actively growing?
- Generally Bermuda grass is actively growing from May to September
- If we have a warm spring you can core aerate Bermuda in April
- As the weather cools Bermuda and other warm season grass starts going into dormancy
What’s the difference between Bermuda & Fescue
- Bermuda is a warm season grass & Fescue is a cool season grass
- Bermuda grass is brown / dormant in the winter whereas Fescue grass is Green
- Bermuda lawns can be cut short like a golf green & Fescue lawns needs to be cut 3 inches or taller
- Bermuda grass spreads quickly with underground runners whereas Fescue does not spread
Visit our home page for more aerating information or give us a call 404-388-6567 for a free aerating estimate.