Aerating Centipede lawns in Atlanta, GA.?
- Core aerate Centipede lawns when they are actively growing
- Green is the key to core aerating Centipede grass. Wait till it greens up
When are Centipede lawns actively growing?
- Generally Centipede grass is actively growing from May to September
- If we have a warm spring you can core aerate Centipede in April
- As the weather cools Centipede and other warm season grass starts going into dormancy
What's the difference between Centipede & Fescue
- Centipede is a warm season grass & Fescue is a cool season grass
- Centipede grass is brown / dormant in the winter whereas Fescue grass is Green
- Fescue lawns need to be cut 3 inches or taller whereas Centipede lawns do well at a height of 2 to 2.5 inches
- Centipede grass spreads quickly with runners whereas Fescue does not spread
- Fescue needs fertilizing regularly but Centipede can easily be killed by fertilizer or weed control applications
Visit our home page for more aerating information or give us a call 404-388-6567 for a free lawn aerating estimate.