Aerating Fescue lawns in Atlanta, GA.?
- Core aerate Fescue lawns in September & October or March & April
- Generally when you core aerate Fescue you are also installing seed and the seed germinates best when the weather is cooler
- Fescue lawns perform the best cut at a height of 3 inches or taller
- Fescue grass tolerates high shade but will thin out in deep shade like under a magnolia tree
- Fescue grass loves cooler weather and looks its best September through May in Atlanta
- When the weather freezes do not walk on or mow fescue as severe damage will result
- Not a good idea to fertilize Fescue in the summer when it is hot and dry outside
- Be sure to keep leaves off your freshly seeded Fescue lawn
- It's best to over seed with Fescue in the fall so that it can become well rooted before summer
- After core aeration and seeding with Fescue grass be sure to water daily, for 14 days, to assist in germination
- Do not install wheat straw after seeding with Fescue unless you want a lawn full of weeds
Visit our home page for more aerating information or give us a call 404-388-6567 for a free lawn aerating estimate.