Aerating Zoysia lawns in Atlanta, GA.?
- Core aerate Zoysia lawns when they are actively growing
- Green is the key to core aerating Zoysia grass. Wait till it greens up
When are Zoysia lawns actively growing?
- Generally Zoysia grass is actively growing from May to September
- If we have a warm spring you can core aerate Zoysia in April
- As the weather cools Zoysia and other warm season grass starts going into dormancy
What's the difference between Zoysia & Fescue
- Zoysia is a warm season grass & Fescue is a cool season grass
- Zoysia grass is brown / dormant in the winter whereas Fescue grass is Green
- Fescue lawns need to be cut 3 inches or taller whereas Zoysia does well at a height of 2 to 2.5 inches
- Zoysia grass spreads quickly with underground runners whereas Fescue does not spread
Visit our home page for more aerating information or give us a call 404-388-6567 for a free lawn aerating estimate.